This is a full-time position and the person will be based in Gulu at the Activity/Project field office. He/she will provide leadership on capacity building, Human resources for health management as well as leadership and governance across all districts in the Activity region. He/she will be in charge of ensuring that health workers have adequate capacity to deliver Malaria, TB, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, MNCH, Reproductive Health, Family Planning, Water and Sanitation services. He/ she will also serve as the link between the field teams, RHITES-North Acholi and other relevant health service delivery stakeholders like MoH/USAID.
- Capacity building
- 1. Will provide overall technical oversight to all capacity building activities in the RHITES-North Acholi region.
- Coordinate all the required trainings for quality integrated health service delivery in the areas of Malaria, TB, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, MNCH, Reproductive Health, Family Planning, Water and Sanitation in the RHITES-North Acholi supported districts and respective health facilities.
- Coordinate, support and provide mentorship and supervision Malaria, TB, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, MNCH, Reproductive Health, Family Planning, Water and Sanitation in the RHITES-North Acholi region.
- Ensure quality of all training, mentorship and supervision activities conducted in the RHITES-North Acholi Activity
- Provide linkage with the IDI-ATIC platform for post-training support and continuous medical education of all health service providers including PNFP and
- Human Resources for Health:
- Support districts in the RHITES NORTH ACHOLI Activity region to effectively use the Ministry of Health Integrated Human Resource Information System (Ihris).
- Ensure rewards and sanctions committee in all the districts in Acholi sub-region function effectively through ongoing technical support and monitoring.
- Provide support to Regional and District Health Supervisory Authorities in the Acholi sub-region to ensure health workers register and renew practicing licenses with the various professional bodies.
- Leadership and Governance.
- Provide support to the functionality of Hospital Management Boards and Health Unit Management Committees in all the facilities in the region.
- Ensure support supervision to districts and health facilities by the Community Health Department of the Regional Referral Hospital is ongoing.
Download full advert
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognised institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in other medical fields with experience working with districts
- Postgraduate training in a medical course; Master’s in Public Health, Epidemiology or a clinical discipline.
- Active Registration with UMDPC
- Experience working with US government funded projects
- Competence in the use of standard office software.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- S/he should have demonstrated teaching, facilitation and mentoring skills including use of adult learning methodology and use of e-materials
- Familiarity with national health issues in the areas of HIV, Malaria, TB, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, MNCH, Reproductive Health, Family Planning, Water and Sanitation.