The epidemiologist will work with the program leadership at IDI and the SLL program monitoring unit at Africa CDC to support the documentation of success stories, generation of hypotheses and scientific writing efforts across all SLL partner implementation efforts. The role shall also include supporting capacity-building efforts to establish knowledge management hubs and working with the program academic consortium to maximize scientific and scholarly output from the SLL program.
- Provide technical and professional input for overarching and country-specific information management including identification and promotion of creative solutions for knowledge management under the PROVE program.
- Collaborate with the PROVE scientific team to analyze program data for key messages, including preparation of project related communications
- Collaborate with the biostatistician to vet program data, and develop hypotheses to inform secondary data analysis
- Support the PROVE leadership in development and management of the SLL knowledge management strategy This will include Identification of new areas and analyze existing knowledge management structures in SLL and PROVE activities
- Collaborate with the PROVE program investigators to gather, analyze, and interpret research data to derive useful information for research data. The role shall also advise and assists in the development of conclusions, as appropriate.
- Support the development and dissemination of knowledge and experience through enhanced communication, strengthened knowledge products and publications.
- Develop and deliver presentations to PROVE stakeholders and policymakers
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A primary degree in a medical related field and master’s degree or advanced training in Epidemiology, Public health or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience gained working in National health programming. Working in the local COVID-19 response is of an added advantage
- A good command of biostatistics and capacity to use various quantitative analytical tools/software
Required skills and abilities.
Download full advert
- Strong academic and technical writing skills with experience in manuscript preparation and/or review
- Knowledge of the COVID-19 pandemic epidemiology in Africa and COVID-19 vaccination dynamics
- A good command of the structure, roles and responsibilities of national public health Institutes
- Ability to consult with scientific investigators, interpret research requirements, and determine statistical analysis strategies.
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment to design, analyze, and report on research projects.
- Strong analytical communication, critical thinking, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize projects.
- Knowledge of the program management principles
- Strong focus and quality and timely delivery of work.