The transport Assistant will support provision of safe and reliable transportation for project staff, visitors and project materials, keeps the project vehicle/s in good mechanical and functional condition, ensures compliance with all vehicle-related legal and institutional /management requirements.
- To provide safe, comfortable and reliable transportation for project staff and partners/visitors including but not confined to travel within project sites and all other locations as may be required.
- To transport project materials and supplies to various destinations as required by authorized staff for project business.
- To keep the project vehicle in good mechanical and functional condition including but not confined to regular fueling, servicing and cleaning of the interior and exterior.
- To perform regular preventive maintenance and minor repairs where possible.
- To ensure TIMELY notification to the Field Office Coordinator/fleet team of any major vehicle repairs necessary
- To ensure that all required documentation for administrative use such as mileage, fuel usage and trip authorization tracking information is kept up to date at all times in the prescribed manner.
- To ensure that all legal, institutional and municipal requirements and dues are met in good time and/or regularly renewed e.g. Third party and Comprehensive Insurance, Parking Fees, Registration and Licenses etc.
- To ensure that all reasonable measures are taken to protect the project vehicle from theft or damage
- To run general errands and assume other duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure the sound functioning of the office and achievement of project goals.
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education with credits in English.
- Valid Uganda class “DM” & or “DL”
Required experience and skills:
Download full advert
- Knowledge of current traffic rules and regulations
- Basic knowledge of vehicle operation and the associated mechanics
- Familiarity with the lay-out and location of key facilities in the project area.
- Physical ability, flexibility and willingness to drive for long hours and occasionally on weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to communicate competently and understand instructions in English and in common local language/s.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to understand and adhere to company vehicle policies and competently complete vehicle-related documentation.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle mechanics
- Ability to work in a team of different Technical Supervisory Teams in a respectful way.