The Theatre Assistant will assist in SMC procedures, ensure infection prevention protocols, clean, disinfect and sterilise Theatre equipment.
- Assist circumcision processes in theatre, conduct follow up of clients and ensure documentation.
- Support cleaning and sterilization of all theatre linen including patient gowns, theatre gowns and drapes.
- Work with the sterilization nurse in Collecting, cleaning, disinfecting, packing and sterilizing surgical instruments and linen.
- Under supervision of the site team leader, ensure infection prevention and health care waste SOPs are adhered to and, that the minimum standards of SMC are adhered to.
- Regularly clean the theatre environment and it surroundings at the site and in circumcision outreaches as guided by MoH standards.
- Management of theatre waste using segregation systems as guided by MoH infection control SOPs.
- Manage the disposal of theatre waste as guided by MoH infection control SOPs.
- Ensure proper Cleaning, disinfecting, packing and sterilisation of surgical instruments.
- Work with the team to ensure the set VMMC targets are met in accordance with guidelines.
- Minimum requirement is a certificate in a health related discipline
- Basic training and understanding of key infection prevention requirements in a health care setting.