The SMC Counsellor will conduct client counselling for comprehensive SMC while ensuring high-level confidentiality without discrimination.
- Provision of a full range of counselling services to SMC clients
- Identify clients’ needs and document pertinent information
- Ensure that all client information is documented and stored in a manner that observes the highest levels of confidentiality.
- As part of the counselling service, assist clients in formulating plans for addressing problem areas
- Refer clients for further counselling to other social support institutions as required
- Work with the team to ensure the set VMMC targets are met in accordance with guidelines.
- Participate in community demand creation and mobilization activities in supported districts
- Excellent communication skills
- Good counselling skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge and understanding of recent advances in HIV/AIDS.
Knowledge and understanding of one of the local languages e.g. Alur, Lugbara, kakawa, Madi is highly desirable.