The site Mobiliser will participate in community mobilisation activities for SMC, disseminate SMC &HIV Prevention messages, implement demand creation plans for SMC services as well as support adoption of SMC mobilisation strategy.
- Plan, design and oversee the implementation of community mobilization and demand creation activities for VMMC services in the assigned site.
- Develop and disseminate SMC and HIV prevention messages in appropriate local languages.
- Participate in the implementation of the community mobilization and demand creation plan for VMMC services.
- Work with team members to ensure the set targets for the site are achieved.
- Participate in the implementation of the demand creation plan for SMC services amongst the communities in the targeted sites.
- Adopt the existing MOH SMC mobilization strategy to suit the different project sites.
- Support the development of a brand name – emphasizing safety, no pain and benefits of SMC
- Develop and disseminate SMC and HIV prevention messages in appropriate languages targeting primary and secondary audiences in the communities.
- Promote advocacy for SMC in the site catchment areas.
Experience of working in a medical setting, knowledge of the local language (Madi, Kakwa, Alur, Lugbara) and some understanding of HIV/AIDS is highly desirable.